Chaldean numerology is one of the oldest, most spiritual and accurate forms of numerology because it represents your inner and outer self.
But it’s not well known for being one of the “sexy” types of numerology.
It’s like how Mark Wahlberg is a household name, but nobody knows the name of his manager, you know?
Also, it’s one of the most complex numerology systems (you can dig into numbers for days!), but this post will teach you a simplified version in minutes.
Here’s how to use this ancient number system to decode your life!
If you want to go deep, I recommend the book. This book is the best book on the subject.
Remember in our, how we said each letter of the alphabet corresponds to a number, like in the chart below?
Chaldean numerology is different.
- First, the letters don’t go in order like in the chart above (A, B, C, etc.). You’ll see a HUGE difference in the Chaldean chart below.
- Second, it uses different numbers. In other types of numerology (like Pythagorean), we use the numbers 1 – 9. But Chaldean focuses on the numbers 1 – 8. That’s because the number 9 was considered to be holy (like the number 7 in Christian Numerology) by the Chaldeans. So, it was never used in a standard numerology chart.
Tip: 9 was only used when the letters/numbers added up to 9… but it’s not on the chart. This is like how Master numbersand 22 aren’t on other numerology charts.
- Third, you need to use TWO sets of numbers in Chaldean numerology… a single digit number and a double digit number. Like an M&M with a chocolate center and hard candy shell, these numbers represent the inner and outer you. You’ll see how this works in a minute.
Got it? Cool!
Chaldean numerology is much more spiritual than other forms of numerology.
When studying it, you’ll see spiritual words such as:
- dual energies
And much like Greek numerology, it focuses more on divination than symbolism.
Also, the Chaldeans were known for practicing magic and interpreting the stars. Some people refer to this as Mystical numerology.
I know! It is very interesting!
Chaldean Numerology Chart and Values
In other types of numerology you decode your name based on your full birth name, such as…
Jennifer Ann Gordon or…
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
But in Chaldean numerology, you use your “everyday” name (which may be different from your birth name). That’s because your everyday name may be your married name or include a nickname.
Jen Smith or Lady Gaga
How to calculate your numbers
Take your name and write it out using the values from the numerology chart above. Here’s an example using Jen Smith’s numbers:
J E N S M I T H
1 5 5 3 4 1 4 5 = 28
We’re going to use that double digit, but for now, let’s keep reducing until we get a single digit.
2 + 8 = 10 (still a double digit), so 1 + 0 = 1
So, what do these numbers mean?
In Chaldean numerology your name splits into two areas: your inner self and outer self.
- Single digits represent the outer self. This is how you appear to the rest of the world. If you were an M&M, it would be the hard, colored candy shell. Learn about your outer-self number below:
- Double digits show the inner self. This would be the yummy chocolate inside of the M&M. This represents hidden influences that play a role in your life. In our example, Jen had double digits of 10 and 28. (We’re cooking up a post about these meanings as we speak!)
Your outer-self could look calm and collected to the outside world, but your inner-self may struggle with low self-esteem and anxiety.
Use Your Birth Date, Too
50 Cent was on to something when he said to “party like it’s your birthday.”
Your birth date is important in Chaldean numerology because it is constant, unlike your name which can change.
In other words, your birth date is forever, like a diamond.
In the Chaldean system of numerology the birth number is based on the DAY of the month that you were born.
50 Cent was born on July 6, so his number would be 6.
Chaldean Numerology Takeaways
Although the Chaldean numerology system is not as popular today as other systems, it’s still powerful.
Plus, it’s unique because you can get insight into the inner and outer versions of yourself!